Tuesday, September 12, 2017

improving interpersonal and leadership skill

My goal is to improve my leadership skills to become a better leader and develop my personality to become a stronger leader. My goal is to develop into more of an authoritative leader who has a strong vision and a positive attitude.

I am going to analyze my current personality, see how other sees me, my barriers the traits of a good leader and how I can get there.

My current personality: This part is where I am going to be a negative and rant. I have the personality people meet and feel they can manipulate and treat a certain way. I see people treat people differently than I am and I feel it is the way I project myself. I would like to change that in part of my leadership training. People feel they can push me over and retaliate when I try to stand up for myself vs. when other people who stand up for themselves they stop. It becomes a bigger drama when I try to stand up for myself. I feel like it is hypocritical seeing the mean girl try to call me a bully when I try to stand up for myself against someone who has treated me poorly. I feel it is due to the way they see me. They treat me the way I allow them to be treated. I have this fear of retaliation every time I stand up for myself

Setbacks: Is the way I feel and I project that into myself and allow people to see the way I feel about myself. I need more confidence. I need to firmly speak without intimidation. People treat and see me the way I allow them to do so. I need to change that.

Strategy: Start to get a better view of myself and have people see me that way instead of a timid kind of person. I will not let fear get in the way

Keys traits of a good leader: There are few traits I can develop in order to become a great leader. I will work on each of these traits and also work on my confidence


  1. Positivity: I need to be more positive and create a positive environment in order to become a good leader. I need a more can do attitu
  2. Become a good listener. I need to improve my conversational skills and also my listening skill in order to inspire people better
  3. Be a more strategic thinker. I need to have a clear vision of my goals and go for it
  4. Good decision making skills
  5. Delegation. I shouldn't do everything on my own. i should delegate effectively and be able to delegate without any setback
  6. transactional analysis
  7. assertiveness
  8. charisma
  9. build communications skills. I need to be good at building relationship in order to gain followers
  10. emotional intelligence
  11. building rapport
I will work on each of these and document and keep track of my progress. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers