Sunday, August 11, 2013

Goal: Obtaining a job

I will write my goals for obtaining a job. I am getting a good start since I have an Associate's degree and will have a Bachelor's degree soon. I don't have that much job skills and I haven't worked in a long time because I depend on my boyfriend too long. First, I will determine what I will need to do. First, I need to volunteer somewhere even if it's for just a couple of hours per week to add something to my resume. That leads to my resume. I need to talk to my advisor at school to build a resume and cover letter. I have contacted the dean of Co Op and internship via email to talk about internship that will go towards credit for my bachelor's degree. My school has job fairs which I will need to attend in order to network.

Goals within goal: There are some goals within goals that I need to achieve in order to achieve this main goal.

  • Improve interviewing skills
  • Create a resume and cover letter
  • Volunteer
  • Network
  • Send in some applications to prospect employers
  • Get some job skills
  • Get some professional clothes
This is the first step. My next step will be determine my exact career goals. What do I want to do when I graduate? Where would I like to be ten years from now?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers